ONE OF MY FAVORITE CLASSROOM EXPERIENCES

Every year I look forward to the end of the first semester when I have my beginning students draw a self portrait.  I have them draw a portrait the first week of school, save it and then pull that first drawing out to compare to the portraits they draw at the end of the semester.  It's so much fun and so esteeming to see how their skills have developed.

Here are some examples of before and after drawings done by a few of my Art I students.  The drawings on the left were done in August and the drawings on the right are done by the same students in January. 

I'm pretty proud of how their artistic skills have improved.

All of the students are required to wear some sort of head covering.  Backgrounds are optional and can earn bonus points.

Comments

Popular Posts