CAGE


"Cage"
6" x 7.5" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

I am way behind posting new artwork thanks to a great art show over the weekend.  I am pleased to have sold a lot of originals, prints and walked away with a bunch of terrific commissions.  *Joy*

This little drawing is still available for purchase and is already mounted in a frame for just $75.00.  I have decided to sell unframed originals for $50 and prints for $10. (shipping not included)  So if you see something you like or have an idea you'd like to see  - give me a holler.

Since these dictionary drawings have proven to be popular, I have invested in a few more old dictionaries I've found online.  My favorite are elementary dictionaries that include simple definitions and lots of illustrations on the pages.  Since I have new, used books on the way I can revisit some of my favorite words with new images. 

I am thrilled to have patrons enjoying my work.  I have always loved to draw and I enjoy creating these pieces that look worn, vintage and nostalgic.  They remind me of illustrations in treasured, old, children's books.  I wonder if that's why others find them appealing? 

Comments

Popular Posts