THE SHOE IS GOING TO SALIDA, COLORADO

A few months ago I applied to be juried into the Salida, Colorado Riverside Fine Arts Festival.  I was thrilled last week to get my official notification that I've been invited to participate.  I've stewed all weekend about the wisdom of doing another large show this summer and on the weekend before I report for another school year but thanks to lots of family support - I said yes.

Salida, Colorado is a very cool, artsy town.  We used to travel through there with some frequency when our youngest daughter lived in Telluride on the Southwestern edge of Colorado.  There are lots of galleries, creative shops and a beautiful atmosphere.  I think it will be a great place to enjoy a cool, Colorado weekend.


According to "The 100 Best Art Towns in America" written by John Villani, Salida is one of America's best art towns.  Colorado Events describe this festival as held in a picturesque willow tree filled park with lush green lawns on the banks of the Arkansas River.  It is near a Historic District located downtown where there are unique shops and restaurants.

There is live music scheduled throughout the park during the festival featuring lots of local blues and folk musicians.  Sounds wonderful.  Hopefully this will be a glorious way to end our summer.

Comments

Popular Posts