2014 MURDER MYSTERY DINNER THEATER UNDERWAY

I am gearing up again to direct a murder mystery dinner theater to raise funds for our local youth shelter.  This is the third time I've directed a show for this group and we always have a ball.

I drew out this artwork a couple of months ago for the promotional materials for the show.  Posters and tickets are now circulating around the community.  We have sold out early and hope we have the same good fortune this year.

We start rehearsals tonight.  My husband and family have a great time doing these shows.  In the past we have purchased scripts and ended up rewriting and adding characters so our friends could join in the fun.  So this year we decided to just write the darn thing ourselves.  My husband is the playwright and I added characters and ideas as we went along.  The final draft of the script was just sent to cast members a few moments ago.

We have a large cast of dancers, singers, actors and general crazy people.  I am even going to have a small role this year - can't wait.

Comments

Unknown said…
Dinner theater looks like it's a fun way to entertain guests! My husband and I are throwing a Halloween party, and I think something like this would be perfect! I'm going to have to do some more research about dinner theater, so I can throw the best party ever!

Sara Welsh | http://www.thedinnerdetective.com/sites/kansas-city/

Popular Posts