LARGE TIME

"Time"
12" x 18" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed Parchment

 It's time again for my studio to start producing work.  I've done a few commissions and created a few projects over the past few months but with two big shows on the horizon it is time to get very busy.

I've wanted to do a large piece featuring vintage looking clocks for a long time.  I never really know how these large drawing will turn out since I basically draw and explore each section at a time.  I like to collect images and then put them together like a puzzle placing them around the text on the page until they find their home.

My first big show of the summer is going to be next month in Oklahoma City.  It is a huge show that has me taking off from my classroom for the first time.  I've had to submit my inventory of prints already since this show has a central artist's market where all reproductions are purchased.  I've never done that before.  It's taken me a lot of planning to know what I want to sell in the way of prints.  Print sales are often my best sellers.

I have stacks of work waiting for me in my studio so I best head back up to my tower in the second story of our home and make some magic.



Comments

Elena said…
Lovely

Popular Posts